Friday, October 03, 2008

Kid Stuff

Yesterday I had to go to the youngest child’s parent/teacher conference. When you have a special needs kid, you tend to dread these things. Not because she’s a behavior problem, but because I get tired of hearing what they plan on doing for her but seeing very little results. It’s frustrating and frightening. This school seems to have resources and personnel that her old school didn’t so I will remain open-minded and see how things go.

Today, I have to go to the oldest child’s first band concert. Well, the first one at this school anyway. She had another one at her old school in Vermont. I’m excited to see her play. When she practices at home, she’s pretty near flawless. Well, at least as far as I can tell, lol. I’m not an expert but I know the songs and I don’t hear any mistakes. She struggled with a speech and language delay the first ten years of her life so it makes me misty to see her excel at something for a change. She plays the flute in case you were wondering.

I have to leave in five minutes so I’m off. Have a great weekend everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the concert goes well. I use to play the flute in school. I stopped after high school but i still have my flute. I get it out sometimes and play a tune or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concert went well. She wasn't even nervous. Sometimes I wonder if she's actually my kid.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.