Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Past Few Days

We had a fantastic time at the N.C. Seafood Festival Saturday night. The weather could not have been more perfect. It was gorgeous. We had shrimp, funnel cakes, and salt water taffy. There was also a N.C. vineyard, J. Wesley Vineyards, that hosted a wine tasting at the festival so I tried I think five different wines and bought a pretty decent bottle of cabernet sauvignon.

The thing about these outdoor festival deals is that your choice of restroom is pretty limited. You have porta potties and restrooms inside of businesses which are usually closed to the public. Well, the youngest was in desperate need of a potty so we headed towards a bank of porta potties. I checked them out and HOLY COW!! Unfit for humans is the only nice way to put it. I wouldn’t even let my dogs in those things. But what do you expect from porta potties? By this time, the child was doing the pee pee dance and was looking pathetic. Our only choice was to head to a restaurant and pay for some food. We went to this restaurant called Sanitary Fish Market and Restaurant. We didn’t actually want to eat there because we wanted to eat at the festival so we got salads and drinks. For the privilege of a clean restroom and a little bit of food, we paid $52.00. Oh well.

Img_0203

The wine tasting.

Img_0205

Heading towards the funnel cake vendor.

Img_0206

Looking down a street.

Img_0207

Sunset over the river or inlet or whatever body of water this is. I really like this picture though.

On the way home we stopped at Petsmart for some dog food and ended up buying Bailey her Halloween costume.

Img_0210

Heheh.

Img_0216

Bailey the ham.

Those pictures were taken with my digi camera not my phone.

Sunday we didn’t do a whole lot except for go to the commissary, the Mister ran 14 miles or something like that, and he mowed the lawn which needs watering.

Yesterday I was feeling quiet. Not depressed or grumpy, just quiet. I didn’t want to hear the TV, the kids, music, or anything. I dug out a book from one of the boxes in the garage and read it. It’s the first time in recent memory that I’ve started and finished a book in one day. I miss that. It was sort of like visiting with an old friend.

Today I’m still feeling a little bit on the quiet side. Unfortunately, both of my phones have been ringing off the hook and I’ve had to deal with rent issues again. My rent, not the Vermont rent. I first tried mailing the rent check on 9/22 and it was returned as undeliverable yesterday. Then, on 10/3 I tried doing an electronic transfer. I got an e-mail from the Mister this morning saying that they still didn’t have the money so I went into a bit of a panic and a lot of fury and proceeded to figure out what the hell. Turns out that it takes three business days for electronic transfers to complete when they are transacted between my bank and an outside bank. All in all, it took me 11 days to pay my rent. What a PIA.

4 comments:

  1. Oh funnel cake..such goodness! That is a great photo of that marina area. Love the dog costume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you regarding the bathroom situation. Due to a surgery several years ago my bladder isn't as strong as it used to be. Sometimes there are events I don't go to because of it and the knowledge that the porta potties are going to be the most disgusting thing on earth! I often do the "go in a restaurant and buy something" in exchange for using their facilities (where that's an option). But $52 for the privilege is a little steep!

    Also love the dog costume. My dog won't wear anything that has actual sleeves that touch her legs. She'll stand absolutely still until we take it off of her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been there with the restroom situation. :-( We've been known to buy drinks just so I can use the restroom at a place that only allows customers to use it. I really hate those portable potties. So rarely are they clean and they always smell.

    Bailey looks adorable in his costume! My dog doesn't tolerate clothing of any kind and so he misses out on the Halloween fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam~~Thanks. And the funnel cake was delish.

    Daphne~~My jaw definitely dropped when I saw the bill. We had no idea that place was so expensive when we went in but, you gotta do what you gotta do.

    And Bailey loves clothes. She prances when we dress her up, lol. That's funny that your dog won't move when she's wearing sleeves.

    LF~~Porta potties are when I envy men. At least they don't have to squat.

    Thanks about the costume. That's too bad that your dog doesn't like to get dressed up. Hannah is the same way. She sees clothes as chew things.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.