Friday, November 21, 2008

Another Day of Randomness

It flurried here again today. I hope this isn’t a trend because I don’t like it. It doesn’t make me feel all cozy and nostalgic because it’s the holiday season. I hate the snow and I’m tired of being freaking cold. Ugh.

Tomorrow is the Ohio State/Michigan game. I didn’t print up any banners this year because I’m about out of colored ink in my printer. We may or may not be having people over to watch the game. Someone said in an off-handed way that they’d be over but they weren’t invited and I’m not sure if they were serious. How dumb is that? I’m not really in the mood for company so I hope they weren’t serious.

I have my office upstairs but I leave the TV on downstairs so I don’t feel so isolated. Is that weird, pathetic, or both? Speaking of work, it is piling up around me. My boss surprised me with a phone call last night and we had a pretty lengthy phone call. He wanted me to make a spreadsheet for my spreadsheet, lol. I’ve made so many spreadsheets that have a hard time keeping them straight. I also utilized Microsoft OneNote which has been an invaluable resource to me in my work. I love it. He wanted me to e-mail him my OneNote workbook but he doesn’t have that program so it wouldn’t have done him a lot of good. He sounded like a kid who unwrapped socks for Christmas when I told him that, lol.

I got a package from the FedEx man this afternoon which is calling my name and making it hard to be productive. Nope. It’s not books but something just as exciting. I can’t wait to tear into it.

Did I ever mention what a hard time the oldest child’s school gave us about her missing four days of school for our vacation? I sent a note ahead of time to let them know, requested her homework so she could do it while we were gone, and sent in another note when we got back. They actually called me three times (twice in one day) about it preaching at me that the parents are supposed to set the example to their kids that attending school is important.These are the only days she’s missed all year since I rarely let my kids stay home from school. She was at school yesterday with no voice and she’s had a cough all week. HELLO!! I don’t willy nilly take my kids out of school. Back off. I’m just a bit miffed and the Mister was even more twisted up about it than I was. Why don’t they address the reasons as to why they have to have a cop present all day at the school and call those parents several times a day while they’re trying to work??

The Exchange on base is having a sale on Clinique and Estee Lauder makeup today only and I don’t have the time to go all the way to base to shop. I said that in my loudest, whiniest voice just so you know. Clinique has my most favorite lip glosses and I’m almost out of my favorite color. I’m sad. :(

Okay. I think that’s about it. That’s my Friday and most of my weekend. I’m looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow like it’s nobody’s business. Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.