Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Dash of This, A Pinch of That

We’ve had a pretty busy weekend for us.

Saturday, the Mister and I bought game food for the Big Game and then watched OSU kick the crap out of Michigan. KICKED THE CRAP out of them. It was almost sad but not really. After the game, the Mister built me a box out of wood and then we played at being a chemist. It was fun and we learned stuff.

Today we had to go to the commissary. It’s been so long, I don’t even remember the last time we went. We bought us a fine looking turkey and most of the fixings. They were out of some stuff that I’m going to have to buy out in town. We also went to Bed Bath and Beyond to buy a handheld immersion blender. I burned out our other one. Did you know that you’re only supposed to run them in 50 second intervals? I didn’t. I ran mine for almost fifteen minutes before something popped and then a really nasty smell came out of it. Lesson learned. I was also shopping for a casserole dish because I accidentally left one of mine at the beach house and now I don’t have enough dishes to cook Thanksgiving dinner. They didn’t have what I was looking for and neither did the Exchange on base. Target and Walmart are next on my list.

After shopping, we came home for an hour and then had to take the oldest child to volleyball. All the girls are getting better at the game. Most had never had much experience outside of what little bit you get in school. It’s been fun to watch them learn.

Now, I’m getting ready to cook dinner. Chili is on the menu because it’s been so cold lately. I need comfort food.

Despite this not being such a relaxing weekend, it’s been pretty great. I hope everyone else had fabulous weekends and are looking forward to the short week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.