Thursday, November 06, 2008

Oops

Day 6:  NaBloPoMo

I’ve been working at my job since May and so far, it’s been a very positive experience. The extra money has been great but even more so, the experience that I’ve gained and the contacts that I’ve made have been awesome. The people that I work for are always changing and adding projects for me to do which keeps me on my toes, it helps me to learn new skills, and it keeps the work from getting old. I like what I do and the people I work with and for and they seem to like me and the work that I’m doing. Today, however, I had my first work f-up and wow! Was it a doozy.

I received a call from the CEO today to discuss what happened. He took the blame on himself as I was only doing what I was supposed to be doing and what happened would never have happened had they reviewed my proposed plan of action closer. Even so, I took partial blame because knowing what I know, I should’ve known better. I’ve never been so embarrassed in my life. The “injured party” took it upon himself to CC his entire board as well as our entire board (which was a major overreaction) so EVERYbody and their brother knew what happened. Our CEO called the “injured party” several names, lol, and told me not to worry about it but with this being my first major work faux pas, I’m having a hard time letting it go. I think if I weren’t so stressed with the VT house issues (tomorrow is their payment deadline), school work, and getting us ready to go on vacation, it probably wouldn’t bother me so much. It was bad timing all around I suppose.

Taking a deep breath and letting it go.

2 days until we leave on our vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.