Friday, August 24, 2007

Book Stuff

I ordered some books from Barnes and Noble to catch up on my summer reading. They should be here today and I'm very excited. I LOVE getting new books. While I was waiting, I picked up Wicked again by Gregory Maguire. It's the story of the Wicked Witch of the West just in case you live in a cave and haven't heard of the book and/or the Broadway musical based on the book. I tried reading it a couple years ago and didn't get out of the first chapter. After hearing rave reviews from actual people and not just critics, I decided to try it again and I'm actually enjoying it this time around. I have to wonder what L. Frank Baum would have thought about Maguire's work.

My book list from B&N:

Cause of Death by Patricia Cornwell
The Laughing Corpse by Laurell K. Hamilton
Stardust by Neil Gaiman
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

Other books I'm reading this summer:

The Reagan Diaries
Wicked by Gregory Maguire
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
The Life of Pi by Yann Martel

Ahhh. It's nice to have time to read again. When I read non-school books during the semester, I feel guilty.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.