Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thursday Meme

Courtesy of Booking Through Thursday

Do you have multiple copies of any of your books?If so, why? Absent-mindedness? You love them that much? First Editions for the shelf, but paperbacks to read?

I have two copies of Syd Field's The Screenwriter's Workbook. Why? Because of an ordering snafu. I used to have duplicate copies of Harry Potter 1,2, & 3 because I bought them first in paperback and then replaced them with hardcover copies. I no longer have them because I think I gave them to my friend's son to read.

If not, why not? Not enough space? Not enough money? Too sensible to do something so foolish?

I don't buy multiple copies of books because my shelves are already overflowing and it would be a waste of money. Is there a need to have more than one copy of a book? If there is, I'm not sure what it would be. I've always considered myself a little OCD where my books are concerned but maybe I'm small-time compared to people who need more than one copy of their beloved books.

6 comments:

  1. I agree, but from reading other's comments, I can understand having multiple copies. I just couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends has three sets of the Harry Potter series. One for her car, one at home, and one for the office. She's really Harry Potter crazy. LOL

    I have a handful of duplicates, more my husband's doing than my own, but not entirely his fault. :-) I'm the one more likely to accidently buy a duplicate, although that doesn't happen too often thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do accidently buy duplicates but try hard to orgainise myself more so this doesn't happen. I fully understand the desire to have a copy of a favourite book in every location you visit, although would be too expensive for me to justify.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cee cee~~Me either!!

    Literary Feline~~3 sets?!?! Geez.

    Terrie~~I just don't get the necessity to have the same book in multiple locations. They're small. Pack them. Know what I mean? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand multiple copies. After buying Harry Potter #7, I found myself at work with some downtime and I would have killed for even some photocopies of pages of the book. It was that good!

    Other books? Probably not so much. I'm just sad the HP series is over. I finished this past weekend and have been lamenting since.

    Now what do I read?

    ReplyDelete
  6. NDM~~So, why didn't you just take it into work with you? I've hauled my Harry Potters from Cali to Ohio and back and from Vermont to Ohio and back and from Vermont to North Carolina. And I'm sad that it's over too. I just got done rereading the entire series again and it was like saying goodbye to a friend. How pathetic is that?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.