Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday Meme

Courtesy of Booking Through Thursday

One book at a time? Or more than one? If more, are they different types/genres? Or similar?
(We’re talking recreational reading, here—books for work or school don’t really count since they’re not optional.)


This is a funny topic for me. I always make fun of my hubby because at any given time, he's in the middle of 4 or 5 books and I just don't see how he does it. I have book loyalty; I only read one at a time. It's mostly because once I start a book and I really like it, I can't put it down and read it in a day or two anyway. The only exception to this that I can think of is The Reagan Diaries. I've been reading that one off and on since June but it's really easy to do so since it's a diary.

Personally, from my own observations, people that read more than one book at a time do so because they're not really into any of them so it's easy to bounce around or they have a specific purpose for doing so. JMO though.

10 comments:

  1. I read a lot of poetry, there's no way i could sit and read only poetry though so I always have more than one book. Only ever one novel though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CGP~~ I could totally see that. I think reading poetry would be like reading the diary for me. One novel, though, is my limit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! Not so, not so! I'm really into each book I read . . . and its frequently several at a time. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie~~ Okay! I believe you, I just don't understand it. Maybe my mind isn't as developed as yours to be able to handle more than one book at a time, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I had to laugh at your comment on my blog about the car! No, I don't read while driving, but while waiting for kids... picking them up from here or there... waiting, waiting, waiting... in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suey~~Ah! Well that sheds some light on it. I just truck my current book along with me wherever I go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I used to read multiples it was because, well, I expect because I was a kid with serious ADHD. :) It was easy for me to shift focus from book to book, despite the fact that when I was reading one, I was often so deeply into it that I wouldn't hear a word anyone said to me. So I don't think it meant I was any less into a book.

    Now, though... now I just enjoy being into one novel at a time. Although I do often read a non-fiction book at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty much a one book person. It's so much easier for me to concentrate on one. Happy BTT!

    -Marie
    http://smariek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It takes a really, really unputdownable book to make me forget all others! I read multiple books at once not out of impatience with the one I'm reading, but impatience to start the next.(And the next, and the next...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually have two going but yes I have a purpose -- one I read to hubby on the commute, and one is for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.