Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I'm Doing It

Biting the bullet.

Sticking my neck out there.

Taking the leap.

Going for the gold.

Taking a chance.

And most of all...

Sucking it up.



I decided to submit my creative nonfiction to a publisher. I have to submit a piece of my writing to either a publisher or my professor for consideration and I decided to go all the way and pick a publisher. I'm actually sending it to two different literary magazines. I'm only required to submit to one, but I figured if I'm doing it, I'm doing it all the way. I would have chosen more than two but I ran out of printer ink, lol. Do I think I'll get published? Not in a million. I'm mostly doing it for shits and giggles. The magazines that I chose said that they read each and every submission and will return an actual written response. I figure at the very least, this will be a learning experience. If I get turned down, I'll be disappointed, but not crushed. It's never been my life's ambition to be a writer. I want to put other writers' works into published books for the world to read, not my own.



It's curious though, that I'm more at ease with perfect strangers reading my writing than I am people that know me which is why I'm not posting it here. I don't consider blogging writing. Well, at least my blogging, lol.



Anyway, it could take 9 months to get a response, so be prepared to wait. I'll post the responses, when I get them, no matter what they are.

2 comments:

  1. Shits and giggles or not, it would be cool to have something published.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I have to admit it would be very cool to say that my piece was published. We'll see I guess.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.