Friday, August 24, 2007

It's Friday

I just finished interviewing a guy to take care of our lawn. I interviewed another one yesterday. Lawn care is such a scam, but we're lazy about keeping up with it. You could lose small children and animals in our yard right now. It's a mess. C and I are often at odds about the yard which is another reason I'm hiring someone to do it. He says he doesn't always have the opportunity to do it (read that to mean that he doesn't feel like doing it on the weekends or after work) and why don't I get out there and do it. I say I do everything else inside the house, I take care of the dogs' needs, the girls' needs, and car needs, so he can do the yard (read that to say bitch, bitch, bitch, nag, nag, nag). See what I'm saying? So, this is a solution we can both live with.

In other matters, C has decided to sell his bike. I have such mixed feelings about it. We're going to use the money to beef up our investment accounts because of the whole Vermont house, inconsistent rent payments deal. But at the same time, this means we'll only have one vehicle and I HATE that. It makes me feel like a child. I always have to make elaborate plans in order to have the car and it's a pain. (Bitch, bitch, whine) To give you an idea on why he can part with it so easily...He bought it new in 2004. He rode it a handful of times while we lived in VT because of his work schedule, the weather, and the fact that he didn't have a motorcycle endorsement on his license. As a result, it only has 1600 miles on it. Whichever guy at work that he's selling it to is getting a practically brand new bike and we can sell it for more than it's average resale value. Blah.

And I'm freaking tired. Recently, I've been staying up until around 2 am and getting up with C in the morning. This means I'm getting about 3 1/2 hours of sleep a night. At least it'll make getting up with the girls in the morning when school starts on Monday easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.