Saturday, July 19, 2008

First Storm

We’re getting ready for the first tropical storm of the season. This one is supposed to have a very minor impact so I’m not worried or anything. The Mister and I worked hard to get stuff done in the yard before the rain moved in. It was weird because when we went outside it was misting like someone was watering the yard next door and the wind was blowing mist into our yard. It stopped after only a few seconds and the sun never went away. Anyway, the Mister got the yard mowed while I push broomed our driveway. I have a long driveway and MANY pine needles. It was not fun and it’s 88 with a heat index of 96 which made it even less fun. But our yard looks pretty good now. We’re also going to treat the MANY fire ant hills in our front yard. It’s weird because we didn’t have a single one last year but this year our front yard looks like a battle ground. Our next project is to clean out our two outside storage sheds so that we can actually put stuff into them. That’s going to have to wait until next weekend because we’re pooped today and the Mister has overnight duty tomorrow. Here’s a picture of the storm clouds rolling in:

IMG_0136

And here’s a pic of our cars sitting in our nice clean driveway:

IMG_0137

That’s it for today. I need a shower in the worst way and I think the hot water should be back. Have a great weekend everyone.

5 comments:

  1. What do you use on the fire ants?
    We have a few colonies here in Oz but not very many, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shot of the storm clouds...it's so cool looking! Your driveway looks good too...and long! I hope you can get rid of the fire ants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jayne~~We're going to use something from Ortho. We didn't get to use it yesterday because of the rain so we still have to wait and see how it works.

    Momto4~~Thanks. That's the clearest shot I could get with all the trees, lol. And that's not even my entire driveway. There's more at the head of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't sound like you had a whole lot of fun considering the heat and heat index - but the clouds look awesome, I love a good storm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracee~~Thanks. I thought the blue sky edged with the gray clouds looked neat too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.