Thursday, September 14, 2006

Already Need to Add to My List

I think it's safe to say that people, in general, annoy me. I'm not one of those people who can take a leisurely drive. I like to get from point A to point B in a timely and efficient manner, period. People in Vermont make that an almost impossible feat.

This morning I was driving C to work. It's about a 20 minute drive round trip. Anyway, I'm on this road that's three lanes; one lane headed north and two lanes heading south. In Vermont, when you have two lanes headed in the same direction, one is a driving lane and one is a passing lane. Well, I get behind this yahoo this morning that was deliberately swerving between the two lanes trying to keep me behind him and he's only going somewhere between 30-35 mph in a 40 mph FREAKING ZONE! Wtf!! When I finally get the chance to get around him, I end up having to go 60 mph in a 40 mph zone just so I won't get run off the road. What's up with people? And then!! Last night on the same road on the way to pick C up from work I'm in the passing lane, ya know, passing somebody, and someone idiot coming north up the hill starts crossing double yellows and is headed straight for me. Luckily, the slow poke I was passing was clear behind me and I was able to jerk myself into the other lane before getting into a head-on collision. I looked behind in my rear view and said idiot was driving in the passing lane going in the wrong FREAKING DIRECTION!! Does Vermont breed idiot, slow-ass drivers or what?? And don't get me started on how they handle construction zones around here. Oh oh! And I almost forgot to mention something else that happened this morning. To get to C office, we go down this road that's actually an alley way type deal. Anyway, one side goes in one direction and the other in the opposite direction with big huge "Do Not Enter" signs to help idiots figure out which way they should go. Well, we're headed down the road and some dork drives right past the sign and goes the wrong way down a one way road. I swear.

Now, it's not even 8am and I'm already stressed out and pissed off. I hate people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.