Monday, September 18, 2006

Boring, Boring, Boring

That was my weekend, hence, no updates. Even as I'm sitting here I'm having a hard time coming up with something to say. I've had my nose stuck in books all weekend. I think I read 3 or 4 Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich. Nothing like funny bounty hunter stories to pass the time. C had dep'ers and shippers to take down to Mass. last night so it was just me and the girls. The girls have no school today cuz of one of those teacher work day deals so they've been bugging me since 8 something this morning and now they're fighting over who gets the last of the pizza we had from Pizza Hut the other day. I think I might settle the argument by eating the pizza myself and they can find something else. Don't I have the best parenting skills? Yummm. Nothing like cold pepperoni pizza and ranch dressing for brunch.

I have a topic I would like to discuss but I'm seriously hesitating bringing it up as it would be a sensitive subject to almost everyone I know. Since I enjoy speaking my mind and do so much more freely on my blog, I know I would piss off A LOT of people. Should I leave it alone or walk the dark path to hell? And while we're on this subject, I have something I'd like to say.

I have been told in the past that I'm "mean" and too brutal when it comes to my opinions. From this, I have drawn the conclusion that when people ask for advice what they're really wanting is to hear that they are right. I have actually been told this by someone almost word for word when they came to vent to me about their life's screwups. If you go to someone for advice, you should do so honestly wanting to hear what the other person has to say. If you only want to hear what you want to hear, start having conversations with yourself in the mirror and save other people the trouble of being drawn into your problems where they really don't want to be in the first place. Secondly, if I actually said all the things that I wanted to say, most people I know would not just be thinking that I'm mean, but they'd end up crawling off crying dragging along what little dignity they had behind in their wake. And also, so some of you people know, when I don't speak my mind to the fullest, I feel like I'm being two-faced so I always have this little debate going on in my head before I say things: Should I tell them the truth and hurt their itty bitty feelings or tell them what they want to hear and be dishonest? Maybe some of you should think about that the next time you're considering going to me or someone else for advice. Bottom line is you should ask yourselves if you like hearing the truth or if you like living in your fantasy world bubble of self-righteousness. I bet half the people reading this can't even be honest enough with themselves to answer honestly. And lastly before panties get too much in a twist, when I vent or go to someone for advice, I do want to hear the stinking truth or else I wouldn't have asked at all. There was this one time I got a haircut I didn't really like. I asked C if he liked it and he said yes. I found out like 3 or 4 years later that he lied cuz he didn't want to hurt my feelings. Yes. I was still mad about it even all that time later.

Man, I have a lot of pent-up hostility.


Okay, okay okay okay. I'm just going to say it. No, I'm going to think about it a while longer. Geez. See what you people do to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.