Saturday, September 22, 2007

Higher Education = Higher Status??

I'm curious. Does a college degree give a person the right to feel or be superior to those who don't have one? Does a college degree automatically entitle you to unearned respect? Does it even mean that you know more than a person who doesn't posses a degree?

To my knowledge (no pun intended, lol), none of my friends have a degree except for one. So, if a degree means that you are better than someone without one, you deserve more respect, and you're smarter than someone without one, I guess I'll just have to get myself a "better" class of friends in a couple years, right? Maybe I should start working on my superiority complex now so that it'll be fully developed in two years.

Comments?

7 comments:

  1. a degree really doesn't automatically mean that much, in my opinion. i know some real idiots who somehow graduated from college, and some really smart people who never had the opportunity or desire to go to college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this would be the attitude of most intelligent people, degree or no degree. At least I would hope that it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didnt comment because i felt the same way as jacki. I know that there are a few girls in my class i have no idea how they have gotten as far as they have cause they are complete morons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems to be the general consensus. I was hoping for someone to contradict me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:19 AM

    Sorry but I have to agree with you as well. Having a degree doesn't mean anything, and it certainly doesn't make you better than someone who doesn't. I don't think "intelligence" can be measured by a piece of paper, or lack thereof.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is "Right On" to everything that's already been said. I know so many educated idiots it's rediculous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess there's really nothing that wrong with agreeing with me, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.