Tuesday, September 18, 2007

R.I.P. Book Review #2



Cause of Death by Patricia Cornwell

I am an avid Patricia Cornwell fan. I'm in the midst of reading the Kay Scarpetta series from beginning to end, so for this challenge I picked the next book on my list, #7, Cause of Death.

First, let me start off by saying that I enjoyed this installment of the Kay Scarpetta series. Cornwell writes Kay's character so that the reader becomes involved and cares what happens to her. Her story lines are also believable. Scary, but believable. The ending had me holding my breath.

All that being said, the nuances between Kay and her niece were tedious to read. Lucy, in my opinion, is a brat and I have a hard time feeling sorry for her. Maybe it's too early in the series for me to form an accurate opinion of Lucy, but at this point, I skim through the parts of the story that include her.

The story itself was intriguing. It's hard to comment too much about the story without giving away the plot. Needless to say, this book has earned a spot on my bookshelf with the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.