Monday, September 10, 2007

My Dogs...Pay Attention Here

This is what I have to say about my dogs, or anybody's dogs for that matter. Or any pets at all. This is my opinion and I stand by every word. And you can bite me if you disagree. Where this issue is concerned, I don't care what anyone else's opinions are. Inside my house, I have the last word.

Pets should be more than just sacks of fur. You shouldn't get a dog and then tie it up in your backyard forever never to interact with them again. We have neighbors that have a couple dogs and they keep them tied up in the woods out behind their house, regardless of the weather or the time of day. What is the point of having them at all? I don't get that.

In my house, our dogs are as much a part of our family as anybody could be. As a matter of fact, the hierarchy would go:

1. C and Me.
2. The Girls.
3. The Dogs.
4. Everybody else.

If you come into my house, you respect my dogs and their place in our home or get the hell out and don't come back. They have fur and shed, they slobber, they get wet when you put them out in a tropical storm and come in smelling like wet dogs, they fart, they poop, and they smell when they need a bath. They're mammals. Deal with it.

If you know us, you know we have dogs. If you have an issue with any of the above mentioned, don't come to my house. You aren't welcome. Seriously. You...Are...Not...Welcome.

Our dogs love us regardless of our moods, how we smell, whether or not I'm wearing makeup, whether C is in uniform or not, and whether or not the girls are misbehaving. They love us unconditionally, they don't judge, and they give comfort whenever we need it. This is more than I can say for any other living being on the earth. If this makes me a fanatic, or OCD, or insane, then so be it. I could care less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.