Tuesday, December 30, 2008

End of the Year Meme. I’m Entitled.

I found this meme at Posh Totty’s. Her blog is one that I have found through Entrecard and I really enjoy reading it. Plus, she gave me a meme and you know how I love memes.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Rented a vacation house and invited my parents to go on vacation with us.


2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t “do” New Years and that would include resolutions. If you want to do something, make up your mind to do it. The time of year shouldn’t matter.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth? ... Not that I can think of.


4. Did anyone close to you die? ... I lost a friend this year.


5. What countries did you visit? ... Just the United States for me but I did a bit of travelling this year. We visited the Outer Banks and I flew out to California. I also drove out to Asheville, NC which was neat.


6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? ... Peace of mind. I’m tired of being stressed out about everything.


7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? ... I’m not good with dates. My trip to California and my Outer Banks vacation are very fond memories and the high points of my year.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? ... I got a job and found out that I’m good at more than just cooking and cleaning.

9. What was your biggest failure? ... The whole VT house thing.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury? ... Nope. I had a touch of some sort of flu but that only lasted a couple days. No biggie.

11. What was the best thing you bought? ... Probably the Scion. We needed a second car and I love driving it.

Where’d 12 and 13 go??


14. Where did most of your money go? ... Bills.


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? ... My trip to California. I think I was probably more excited about that then our Outer Banks vacation. I miss California and Jennifer so much.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? ... Probably Hot and Cold by Kate Perry because they play it so much on the radio these days.

17. This one was missing so I’m making up my own question:  Do you have a plan of attack for 2009?  Yes. As a matter of fact we do! ;)


18. Compared to this time last year, are you richer or poorer? ... Definitely poorer, lol. All of our spare cash has been sunk into the VT house and the soap business. We’re lucky to be able to pay bills at the rate we’re going. You gotta spend money to make it though, right?


19. What do you wish you’d done more of? ... I wish that I had gone to the beach more. I never relax and I relax best at the beach.


20. What do you wish you’d done less of? ... Stressing out and whining about my stress.


21. How did you spend Christmas? ... We spent a very quiet Christmas at home with just the four of us. It was nice, peaceful, and we had a good time. Have I mentioned yet that the Mister got me a new iPod Touch for Christmas??? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!


22. Did you fall in love in 2008? ... Nah. I’m still in love with the same man I’ve been in love with for 13 years. He’s the best.

23. Is gone too. Hmm. I’ll fill in:  What’s your biggest regret of 2008? Moving. By far. We should have stayed put in our other house. A nicer house doesn’t make everything better and our other house was in a better neighborhood with better neighbors and it was sans a Home Owners Butt-Into-Your-Business-and-Then-Publicize-it-on-the-Internet Association.


24. What was your favourite TV program? ... Grey’s, Dexter, The Tudors, The Shield, Psych, The Big Bang Theory, BSG, Californication, Two and a Half Men, and tons others.


25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? ... Not really. You would think that I’d say the VT renters, but I hated them this time last year too. I really don’t care for the people that the Mister works with and for, but I wouldn’t say that I hate them. I’d like to beat on them a little though and maybe give them instructions on how to pull their heads out of their asses.


26. What was the best book you read? ... My Marie Antoinette book. Gosh! I really loved that book. I’m still in the middle of reading her biography.


27. What was your greatest musical discovery? ... Rehab I suppose and the new Alanis Morissette CD.


28. What did you want and get? ... An iPod Touch, a job, a new digital camera, a family vacation, to see California and Jennifer again, to have one more year with my dad, to be healthy and for the hubs and the girls to be healthy.


29. What did you want and not get? ... I want for the VT house to go away. I want for the Marine Corps to not be so stupid. I want to find a decent school for the youngest child. What did I get instead? Stupid people.


30. What was your favourite film of this year? ... I have no idea. I wasn’t in the mood to watch movies this year. I think the only movie I saw this year that I hadn’t already seen was 30 Days and Nights which was pretty good. It didn’t follow the regular formula for a horror flick.


31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? ... I was 31 on my birthday and we didn’t do a whole lot for it. Dinner out I think.


32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? ... To be able to tell all the stupid people in my life exactly how stupid they are. Unfortunately, the Mister won’t let me go into work with him to do that, heheh. I did get to tell the VT idiots what I thought about them though which was pretty darn cool.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? ... Ha!! I haven’t had a fashion concept my entire life unless you count comfy jeans, t-shirts, and sandals.

34. What kept you sane? ... Blogging. Truly. I can only imagine how many readers I’ve lost due to my rotten year and my constant griping about it. ::shrug:: That’s life.


35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? ... Nobody. They’re all insane too.


36. What political issue stirred you the most? ... I don’t mix well with politics. I can’t really think of an issue that I was passionate about this year even with the elections.


37. Who did you miss? ... My dad, my sister,the girls when they were in Ohio, Jennifer, Josh, Dana. I’m sure there are others that I’m forgetting considering that all my friends and family live somewhere else.


38. Who was the best new  person you met? ... Peggy. She got me my job and has thrown new ones my way. I wish nothing but the best for her.


39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: ... I don’t think I learned anything new so much as I had lessons reaffirmed and beat into me:  Stick to your guns, don’t let people take advantage of you, there’s a such thing as being too nice, the size of your town doesn’t matter because there are idiots everywhere.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
... I’m drawing a blank. The only thing that comes to mind is, “Cuz it’s a bitch to grow up.” While I believe that, it doesn’t sum up the year. Or, “Bring on the tequila,” but I don’t think I had one drop of tequila this whole year. Those are both Alanis songs just so ya know.  How about, “You PMS like a bitch. I would know.” That doesn’t apply either but I like it.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I've mentioned it yet, but I like the new name and look!

    I hope you do have peace of mind this next year. That's what I'm hoping for too. Less stress, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, less stress is awesome. I is you too. This is why you should just move here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LF~~Thanks! I figured that running my mouth is what I do best (and the most) so my title should reflect that. ;)

    Less stress is the name of the game. Keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer~~We'd move out in a minute if we could figure out how.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.