1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
2. Real tree or Artificial?
I prefer a real tree for the smell and I think it makes the holiday more special. However, it would be much easier and cleaner to have an artificial tree.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Because we get a real tree, we get one in mid-December so that it doesn’t dry up and will last until January.
4. When do you take the tree down?
I prefer to take stuff down New Years Day, but don’t sweat it as long as it’s down by the end of January, lol.
5. Do you like eggnog?
I haven’t had eggnog for years. I’m not sure if I like it or not anymore.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Geez. I don’t remember. I really liked getting my first Cabbage Patch Kid. That’s about all I can think of.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
The Mister. He never wants anything and when he does it’s things like airplanes and I’m not talking the model variety.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
The youngest child. She’s happy and appreciative of anything you get for her.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
If I send them out at all (this is a year I’ll probably skip. Sorry.) I send them in the mail. As much as I am an advocate for technology, e-mail is not the mode to send Christmas cards.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A Bart Simpson doll when I was a teenager. 1.) I was too old for that kind of gift. 2.) I hate The Simpsons. (Sorry Jennifer)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I like A Christmas Story, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Santa Clause, Home Alone 1, and a White Christmas.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
December. I’m sucky at shopping early.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Ham and gravy. YUMMO!!!
16. Lights on the tree?
17. Favorite Xmas song?
I like them all except for Little Drummer Boy and Silent Night.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
I can only think of eight, nine if you count Rudolph.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The crowds. At a time of year when everyone is supposed to be nice, people seem to be their most discourteous.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I like all of our special ornaments like the girls’ first Christmas, etc. The ones that have meaning.
24. Favorite memory of Christmas?
Any of the Christmases spent at my grandparents with all of my cousins.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
For my kids to have a good Christmas.