Monday, December 15, 2008

Turn That Frown Upside Down

I used to look forward to weekends. Saturday and Sunday were days to sleep in, relax, and be lazy. Recently, well I suppose it’s been since we’ve moved, weekends are pretty much like any other day of the week. Other than sleeping in a bit, we are busy every moment of both days. This past weekend went by so fast that it was a blur. Maybe things will slow down after the holidays. One can hope.

The Mister told me this morning that he’s putting in for his pre-deployment leave. Up until he said that, it didn’t seem real. Now it surely does. With pre-deployment workups and then the actual time that he’ll be gone, he’s going to miss both of the girls’ birthdays, my birthday, our 13th anniversary, and possibly Thanksgiving. He’ll be gone for some other holidays as well, but those are the big ones. Out of all of that, I’ll be really upset if he misses Thanksgiving. In all the time that we’ve been together, through his training, Japan, and other stuff, we’ve only missed having Thanksgiving together one time and that was while he was in boot camp. It’s our favorite holiday. But, I know we’ve been lucky so I’m only whispering my whine just a little bit.

I got my first spam comment in a long time over the weekend. If it becomes a trend, I’ll be turning the word verification back on. Why do people have to spam? They’re bigger lowlifes than telemarketers and collections agencies.

Gosh. I’ve just been a barrel of laughs lately. I just sat here for ten minutes staring at the screen trying to come up with something frivolous and lighthearted to say and nothing came to mind. I suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.