Thursday, December 18, 2008

Feeling Pretty Good

No. Things are still far from settled with the VT house. We got bad news about it Monday and more bad news today. It never seems to stop. However, I’ve pushed it to the backburner in my mind. Maybe not the healthiest or wisest thing to do, but at least I get through the day without crying and I’m now looking forward to Christmas. Call it a defense mechanism. I don’t really care.

One reason I’m feeling pretty good is that FedEx delivered my new digital camcorder yesterday. It’s the one that I won in that contest. It is SO SMALL. I mean, it’s just slightly bigger than my digital camera. I need to take some video that I can share so you guys can see what it can do but I have no idea what to shoot. Maybe I’ll record the dogs playing or something.

Another reason I’m jolly is that we got a bunch of new soap additives yesterday. We started out buying stuff commercially from local stores but these ingredients we bought wholesale from suppliers. It really makes you feel like you’re in business when you can by wholesale, plus it’s way cheaper. It was another exciting step in our business venture. Also, I found someone that would be willing to design our website at a discount from his normal $50/hour corporate rate. Now I need to figure out how I want it to look and what elements I want on it. I’ve never designed a for real website before so I’m a bit intimidated.

Another reason I’m in such a good mood is that the Mister and I just about finished up our Christmas shopping for the girls last night. I still have a few odds and ends that I want to pick up, but the major gifts are bought. Yay!! That’s relatively early for us, lol. We are very much the last minute shoppers. As it is, I’ll be up late wrapping gifts on Xmas Eve. I know me. I will.

My last bit of feel goodness is that tomorrow is my last day of work for two weeks. That’s right. I’m taking vacation. I have a feeling that I’ll start missing it after a few days, but I’ll survive, heheh.

11 comments:

  1. Send me some email with what kind of soap junk you got. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I think we should use green for the website. Green=Natural in my head. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check your e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not wrapped the first gift. We've had some bad news this week too. I haven't posted about it yet, but I will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. :( I'll keep my eyes open.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to check out your hand made soaps, and like the new picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:56 AM

    That's so cool about starting your own business. You'll have to let me know when I can order something from you :o)

    I hardly ever wrap before Christmas eve. My parents are coming in Sunday night and staying for about 10 days. I'm feeling a little intimidated by that, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arlene~~We'll be sending Jennifer some soon so you'll get to check it out before anyone else. ;) And thanks. I'm trying to make my avatar the same on all my accounts and decided to go with a more personal picture.

    Dana~~I'll definitely keep you updated.

    Try and enjoy your parents being there. You should at least get a night or two out without the kids, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:34 PM

    Yes, I plan to get at least two nights out. My brother and SIL are coming with my nephew the following Sunday for a couple days which I'm really looking forward to.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dana~~I'm so excited for you that your brother, sil, and nephew are coming to visit. I know how much you miss seeing them. Have a great visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry the bad news keeps coming regarding the VT house. It will have to stop at some point though. Have faith in that.

    I am glad other things in your life are going well, despite all that mess.

    I look forward to seeing how your new camcorder does. :-) A video of your dogs playing sounds like fun. Maybe I'm just biased though because I love dogs so much.

    Have a Merry Christmas, Trisha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LF~~I'll post video as soon as I take some, lol. I've always been bad about recording video. This isn't the first camcorder we've had and I have very little video saved over the years. Chalk it up to laziness I guess.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.