Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Few and Far Between

That’s how I would describe my blog updates lately. I haven’t been in a blogging kind of mood.

Anyway, I won the contest for the digital camcorder. I never win anything, especially something this big, so I was pretty thrilled. My video was a recording of the girls. The oldest played her flute while the youngest sang along. The dogs were in the video too. Hannah laid beside the girls nicely while Bailey breathed into the microphone, lol. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity since I very, very rarely put images on my kids on the Internet. If you would like to view the video, here is the link: 

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7QbujZ1KfWk

In other news…

My monitor is fine. The cables just needed to be tightened down. Thankfully. I really didn’t want to buy a new monitor.This one is nice and relatively new.

The Vermont house is officially for sale. Our realtor drove by to check it out for us on 11/25/08 and The Tenants were still living there. It’s a good thing because it means I can put off figuring out what I’m going to do about it sitting empty for a few more days. They have to be out by 12/8 though so I’m very quickly running out of time. This is mean, petty, vile, vindictive, and small of me, but I hope I ruined their Thanksgiving and maybe even their Christmas. I realize that’s bad karma for me, but I accept it.

I finished a book yesterday. Woot! My reading has really been taking a backseat to everything else lately. The book was Kiss of Shadows by Laurell K. Hamilton. I was looking for something different and I sure as heck found it. This was a fantasy-type book with lots of blood, sex, and other worldly stuff in it. I like all that, but I think this book was a bit much for me. I liked the synopsis of an elf princess living as a human private investigator. I thought it would mostly be this chic who was a kickass P.I. who just happened not to be totally human. There was very little investigating and lots of faerie action instead. It wasn’t bad and LKH has an imagination that won’t quit, but it was a little over the top at times. It’s the first in LKH’s "Merry” series. We’ll see if I read any more of them.

Now I’m four minutes late getting the kids up for school. Must run. I’ll try and be better about my blog. It’s been neglected, I know.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:34 AM

    I don't think that's petty of you (or anything else). Those people have made life so difficult for you and I don't feel a bit sorry for them. You can't be consistently negligible with your rent and not pay a price.
    Great video of the girls. I enjoyed being able to "see" them again. Please tell them we all say hello! Guess what? The hubby got promoted to Gunny yesterday after his remedial was approved! Yay!

    ps. I wouldn't want to read my 15 year old thoughts but I wouldn't be able to resist :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! Congrats! That is such great news and I am really happy for you guys.

    I'm glad you liked the video. I'll tell them you say hi and tell your family we say hi back.

    I know I'm not going to be able to resist either. I also won't be able to resist posting some of it so stay tuned, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the video. I have a nearly identical one only there is a saxophone instead of flute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. :) Do you have a dog breathing off camera in yours too? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for coming by and giving me support in light of the news about my mother. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.