Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Try

I try not to post obsessively about this house thing, but stuff keeps happening and this is my outlet. Every time I think things are calming down, something new crops up and it’s never something good. The latest?

The pipes burst in the VT house yesterday. Yuppers. That’s my life. I’ve been desperately trying to get oil delivered since…I don’t remember when. Sometime last week. The Tenants completely drained the tank to the point where the furnace shut off. If you’re not familiar with heating with oil, you’re not supposed to let the tank get that low because sediment settles in the tank and it’s not good for that to get in the fuel line which is why we never let it get below a 1/4 of a tank. Anyway, after a couple scheduling snafus, the oil company was finally able to get out to the house yesterday to deliver oil. They were the ones that found water in the basement when they got there. Just lovely. And to top it off, my homeowners insurance won’t pay for any of it. Not the tenant damage, not the water damage. Nothing. I really need someone to explain to me why I pay for homeowners insurance at all. I honestly don’t get it. Oh. And that oil that came one day too late cost me $350.00 for 125 gallons that didn’t even fill my 275 gallon tank up. Why didn’t the price of oil go down with the price of gas?

People may be under the impression that because we own a house in Vermont and live in N.C. that we have money. Let me assure you, we don’t. Under normal circumstances, we have enough money to pay our bills, buy some extra stuff, and sock away what’s left in savings. Under normal circumstances, I enjoy our life and the things that we have. Since this house thing, money in savings is a distant memory, I’m paying utilities at two houses, I’m employing people to help out that I can’t afford, and my attorney’s bill increases on a daily basis. The situation is bleak and I’m angry and crying all the time. At least nobody has told me not to worry. At this point, that’d be the most pointless and useless advice that someone could give me.

The VT house has just about completely taken over my life. I’m constantly on the phone, on the Internet, sending e-mails, leaving messages, making appointments, and filling out paperwork. It’s almost become a full time job. This is the pie of my life:

image

That purple piece takes place in during the 25 minutes I’m sitting in carpool and for maybe an hour in the evening after the kids go to bed. It’s depressing. I’m depressing. I just want it to be over. However it plays out, house in foreclosure, credit ruined, house successfully sold, whatever. I don’t really care so long as it’s done.

::Sigh:: Now I get to get off of here and call the youngest child’s school to see why she has 8 tardies. I have no freaking idea how she could be late to school when she rides the bus.

There are no comments for this post. Thanks anyway.