Friday, December 15, 2006

10 Days to Go

We finished the rest of the Christmas shopping today and I wrapped and ribboned everything as well. We also broke down and bought a tree. We weren't going to with the move and stuff but I think it's impossible to get into the holiday spirit without a tree. At least it is for me. And it felt unfair to the kids. I'm 29 and haven't gone one year without a tree my whole life. Having everything done 10 whole days before Xmas is a personal record for me. I can't remember a Xmas Eve where I wasn't wrapping last minute presents.

And while we're on the subject, why in the world can't everyone just respect everybody else's holiday traditions and keep their mouths shut about it? Did you all hear about the SeaTac airport fiasco with the trees and the menorah? Geez. Gimme a break. I could care less if there were a Star of David and a menorah on every street corner or a Kwanzaa light thingy (sorry, I don't know what it's called) in every store front so long as nobody cares if I have Santa in my front window. When there are heinous, evil, sub-humans microwaving their babies and neglectful parents "sleeping" while their puppy gnaws off their baby's toes we have more important things to worry about than holiday decorations. People need to get priorities straight is all I'm saying.

And now I'm so freaking tired I can't think of anything else to rant about so I'm done for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.