Saturday, December 30, 2006

I'm In a Mood

Several things have led to me being "in a mood" and I feel the need to vent. I also don't feel the need to A.) Make sure I type proper paragraphs, 2.) Make sure everything flows, 3.) To be polite, politically correct, and to not use offensive language. So freaking read at your own risk.

First of all, last night on 20/20 they did a piece on the popularity of You Tube (which I hate and refuse to go to, btw), blogs, and other contemporary means of eradicating privacy. Video capable cell phones, digital cameras, etc., are prolific and have made privacy as we knew it, a thing of the past. How do I feel about this? Well, A.) If you don't like videos of yourself drinking out of a beer bong, making out with strangers in a bar, or stripping for your 13 year old boyfriend (this has to do with this volleyball teacher they profiled on the show) then don't freaking do it. Have some common sense and decency and stop using youth as an excuse for doing dumb things. And 2.) Get used to it. It's not going anywhere. Secondly, there was this woman who posted on her blog about EVERYthing from having an abortion to what she ate for lunch. Because of her openness, she's received hate e-mails wishing she'd get cancer but find out too late to treat it among other hatefulness. This is appalling in a country where we tout the benefits of having freedom of speech. You can disagree with her willingness to share private moments of her life but you don't need to wish death on her. I, for one, would never share something so private on a blog but that doesn't give me the right to say someone else shouldn't do it. Geez. Also, freedom of speech is a farce. Nobody has freedom of speech unless the person listening to them is hearing exactly what they want to hear. Otherwise, everyone should just shut up or click the red "X" in the corner of the window. Cause I'm telling you right now, if I truly had the freedom of speech that I'm supposedly granted as a citizen of the United States, I would have said a heck of lot more to certain factions than I have been allowed to these past few weeks. Assholes.

Furthermore, did the passing of Christmas automatically take away people's goodwill? This bitch at the grocery store nearly ran the girls and me over with her cart today at the grocery store. Geez, lady. Go home and take a pill.

Also, just because you wake up in the morning not feeling so hot, (which, by the way, I was sick as two dogs yesterday but still managed to maintain a good mood all freaking day) doesn't mean you need to act like a 5 year old with a runny nose. Suck it up or lock yourself in your room with your blankie and your pacifier so that others may enjoy their day. MAN!!

Lastly, going back to being the voyeurs that we are these days, does anyone else find it disgusting when others hang around like huge f**cking vultures waiting for the ball to drop on someone else's life? Yeah. You know who you are.

And more lastly, cuz I'm not finished yet, I've turned off my cell phone and have no plans on turning it back on until Tuesday morning when the girls go back to school. I hate New Years Eve and don't care to hear other people calling me drunk (I hate when people call me drunk at any time of the year just so you know. It's immature and shows a lack of control.) at midnight to wish me a happy New Freaking Years. I don't care. Every time I formally try to celebrate the damn thing it turns into crap so I've stopped. The last good New Years I had was at M's house in Lakeside. That was in 2002 so there you go. I will, however, be eating my spoonful of blackeyed peas in hopes that 2007 will be a better year than 2004, 2005, and 2006. Should I go on about how I feel about New Years resolutions? In one phrase: Waste of freaking time.


There. I'm done now. And yes, just so you know, I feel tons better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.