Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Christmas Post

This is what it looked like Christmas day at our house:



This is what it looked like the day after Christmas at our house:


Other than a green Christmas in Vermont, we had a really good holiday this year. The girls seemed to be really happy with what they got and C and I were good to go too. Fun stuff.

Anyway, I've been reading Henry VIII: The King and His Court by Alison Weir for the past few weeks. If you have any interest at all in this time period, this is the book for you. Weir conducted so much research and goes into so much detail that you have the most complete and accurate picture of 16th century England possible. I'm about a third of the way through the book and am just now getting into the meat of Henry's machinations. The first part basically described every day court life, the pomp and circumstance of various ceremonies, his staff, and all of his belongings. It was a little tedious to read due to the great amounts of detail given but at the same time Weir painted a vivid picture of life at Henry's court. An interesting fact about Henry VIII is that he died in debt due to his lavish lifestyle and the salaries he paid to the legions he had working for him.

Besides reading, I've been playing the hell out of Guild Wars. I'm stuck on a mission and am borderline obsessed with getting past it. So, I'm gonna grab a bite to eat and set out to kill some minions.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.