Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

I don't do Black Friday. I think it's absolutely ridiculous to go shopping at 4 am. Nothing is that important. And how much are you really saving? There are sales before, during, and after Christmas. Are Black Friday sales with having to get up at the butt crack of dawn to fight HUGE crowds in the parking lot, in the stores, and then at the checkouts really worth the savings that are supposedly so much better than any other day of the year? I sincerely doubt it. Call me pessimistic. I am. So what did I do today instead?

Well, we started out the day with a hunt for Christmas window clings. I like window clings. They're cute and easy decorations. Once we finally found window clings (I had to look in five different stores) we headed home to put up our Christmas decorations. We put lights in all the street-facing windows, around the pillars on my front porch, and across the front of the house. I also put big bows on the pillars and on the little corner fence in my yard. It looks really nice if I do say so myself and I will. I also put out all my Christmas stuff in the house too. No tree yet cuz we get real ones and I like to wait until we get a little closer to Christmas so it will last until Jan 1. We need one more strand of lights on the front of the house and then we'll be all set. I didn't get to decorate last year because...well, for a lot of reasons so we're going all out this year to make up for it.

I also stocked up on my new favorite drink. Does anyone like green or white tea? I hate all varieties of teas except for white and green tea and my favorite brand is Snapple green tea with mango and Snapple white tea with raspberry. I can't seem to get enough of it. YUUUMMMM!!

Lastly, I absolutely soaked myself giving the dogs a bath. They have FLEAS!!! We've never had fleas before and I CAN'T STAND IT!!! We've been using Frontline every month since May of 2005 and this is the first time we've had to deal with fleas. I called the vet and they said that everyone's having a rough year with fleas. I'm pissed though because Frontline costs $43 per dog so that's $86 down the freaking drain. Literally. And that's not mention the money we've spent on pesticides for the yard and carpets. I'm calling Frontline on Monday to give them a piece of my mind. I have a really hard time living with bugs of any variety. It makes me feel dirty and it's embarrassing. Ugh!

2 comments:

  1. I've never been an early shopper on Black Friday, but sometimes I like to go out into the frenzy just because. Not at 4 a.m. or even 6 a.m.

    I had planned to skip it this year, but I really needed to do some clothes shopping for an event next week. Yeah, I could have waited until Saturday or Sunday, but then that would have cut into my time with my husband and dragging him along is no fun--and he would insist on coming if I tried to leave him at home. So off I went. It was kind of nice walking into a nearby clothing store earlier than usual. I was the only costumer when I arrived. It never did get crowded while I was there. In the late afternoon, I ventured over to the mall, and it wasn't so bad there either. Most of the die hard Black Friday shoppers were long gone. It was busy, but not overly so and I had no trouble finding parking, which was what I had most been worried about.

    I would have preferred to stay home and read and nurse my dog in all honesty. But now I won't be stressing out over finding that perfect outfit.

    My dog desperately needs a bath. He's been sick though and I hate to make him suffer anymore. I think I'm going to take him to the vet tomorrow morning. The bland food diet and Pepto isn't working.
    I really hate seeing him suffer.

    I think I'll put Christmas decorations up next weekend. I did manage to get my Christmas cards addressed yesterday. It's a start. :-)

    I hope you have a great weekend, Trisha. Sorry for the long comment! I got a little carried away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LF~~By the time we went out, noon'ish, the people weren't so bad either.

    Also, I'm really sorry that your dog is sick. I hope he feels better soon.

    Long comments are not an issue. I like them. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.