Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Not the Best of Days

Yesterday was rough. The morning was good, the afternoon was baaad and the evening was worse. I wasn't the only one having a bad day yesterday either. Was the moon full or something? Anyway, the following is a post that I typed up yesterday in response to my horrible afternoon. I saved it because I had already posted once yesterday, hehehe.

~

Which is worse? People that invite themselves over, people that show up unannounced, or people that make plans to come over and then don’t show up at all?


People. People SUCK! Alright. Certain people suck and some people suck more than others. But mostly, people just SUCK!

You know. I may have a small, insignificant, little housewife life. I don’t have a degree, I get carted around at the whim and inconvenience of others, I don’t work outside of the home, and I'm a lowly enlisted wife, but I do have important things in my life and a routine to my day. When somebody invites me to do something with them in the middle of my day, I have to make allowances for that and rearrange other things that I may have had planned for my day. Don’t call me ten minutes prior to our arranged meeting time and say you’re going to be an hour late, call me back three hours later and ask if I’m ready to go, and then expect me to be nice to you. At this point, I pretty much hate you and you can go crawl underneath a rock and don’t ever bother me again. And save your excuses. After three hours, if you’re still able-bodied enough to call to see if I’m ready, you don’t have an excuse that I want to hear.

This is not friend behavior.

3 comments:

  1. I had a terrible day yesterday too. What is with people?

    I am totally on your side... Remember Melissa? She used to barge into my place whenever she felt like it with her kids, letting them make a mess, and bothering me to the point of hiding my car in the garage, closing the curtains and pretending I wasn't home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who could forget Melissa. She was scary. With my current "problem" when it shows up unexpectedly, I won't answer the door, lmao. I'm still not sure which is worse though; someone who just shows up or someone who doesn't show up at all. And I still think people suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Monday was rotten too. :-(

    I am sorry you wasted your day waiting for your "friend". It is so exasperating when someone behaves that way. Very disrespectful of you and of your time.

    I'm fortunate that most of my friends and family know better than to drop by unannounced (it helps that most live so far away). I have had people show up really late or cancel on me. Sometimes things happen and I get that, but, like in your case, sometimes there really isn't a good enough reason to make me feel less upset about it.

    I remember a high school teacher of mine once told our class that he was scheduled to have a blind date with a woman and she showed up to his house late. She had called to say she'd be 15 minutes late and then again to say it would be 30 minutes. . . He pretended not to be home when she finally arrived two hours later.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.