Thursday, November 08, 2007

Fullfilling My Gadget Addiction **Updated**

Guess what!! I'm getting a new cell phone today. Woot!! Woot!! This is exciting news for me for two reasons.

The first reason being is that I've had a sucky phone for the last year and a half. That would be 6 months after I got the damn thing. Something happened to the outside screen which causes the battery to drain. I get 1-20 minutes of battery life on my phone depending on how it wants to behave at the time. And sometimes it will power down with no notice. I HATE that.

The second reason is that I'm a gadget whore and getting a new phone speaks to my inner soul.

I've been debating for the last couple months over which new phone I want to get. It was a very hard decision. Do I want a smart phone which I really don't need but is very cool or do I want a regular cell phone which is more practical and will serve all my needs in a phone? What makes the decision even more difficult is that the hubby is getting a Samsung i760. It's brand new and does practically everything. Will I be able to stand having a regular phone while he has such a neat one? See my problem? Well, I've already picked out my phone and the sales guy at the Verizon even broke one out of the box and let me play with it the other day. I'll update my post later on today when I get home from the store. C has the day off because he had duty last night so we're going shopping in J'ville while the girls are in school. Woohoo!!






**Update**





We're back WITH brand new phones. We actually got back almost three hours ago but I've been playing with my phone, heheh. And the grand winning prize is....












A Black Cherry Chocolate Phone!! Woo hoo!! We got the best deal. My phone is listed at Verizon as $129.99. I got it for $89.99 plus a $50 mail in rebate. That's a total cost of $39.99 in case you need your afternoon caffeine. Why did I get it so cheap? Cuz the girl at Verizon "accidentally" printed me up a rebate form and we also got a military discount. So, to offset all the savings, I bought the music kit deal thing and a SD card for it. Go me! C got an awesome deal on his phone too. With the New Every Two, the $100 Internet discount which they gave to us in store, a $50 mail in rebate, and his military discount, he bought his phone for $149.99. I'm not sure what the list price is but it's a brand new smart phone so I'm assuming it's pricey. If you live in our area and are in the market for a new phone, I totally recommend the Verizon kiosk at the Jacksonville, N.C. Circuit City. They will treat you well. Even though it's a kiosk, it's a corporate store and that's why they are authorized to give so many discounts. If we had gone to a different Verizon, we would have spent twice as much. Literally, if not more.

I'm off to play with my phone. Yay!

4 comments:

  1. My hubby has the same problem with his cell phone battery. Whiel mine doesn't seem to have the short life span, he uses his more than I do. Don't know if that affects anything but bottom line is than nothing is hardly made to last anymore is it? I've been thinking about switching to a new phone as well. I LOVE the iphone but 1) I don't need one of those and 2) they are so expensive!
    Good luck on finding a phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam~~The girl at Verizon told us today that batteries are only made to be charged 500 times. After that, they won't hold a charge anymore. How retarded, right? The iPhone is nifty but I don't have AT&T. However, Verizon is coming out with their version of the iPhone later on this month. I have 30 days to exchange my phone if I want to try it out, heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same chocolate... only mine is more pink. I think it was strawberry. I love it. I got the music kit and a 2 gig storage and i have a ton of songs. I think it's perfect for you. Filled of loud music just for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. Too funny. I listen to other stuff than just "loud" music. Although, I tried making a "mellow" music play list and out of over 1,000 songs, only 18 fit the bill, lmao. So, okay. I like music that won't put me to sleep or drive me to a therapist for depression. Sue me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.