Thursday, November 01, 2007

Thursday Meme

Here's our Thursday meme courtesy of Booking Through Thursday.

What with yesterday being Halloween, and all . . . do you read horror? Stories of things that go bump in the night and keep you from sleeping?
I thought about asking you about whether you were participating in NaNoWriMo, but I asked that
last year. Although . . . if you want to answer that one, too, please feel free to go ahead and do both, or either, your choice!

First off, let me say how nice it is to start NaBloPoMo off with a ready-made post. It's a good omen in my opinion and it also answers the question on whether or not I'm participating.

As for reading horror, why, yes I do. I enjoy reading King, Koontz, Rice and others. I also liked the classic horror novel, Dracula. I know there are many others that I've read but am not thinking of right now. I like being scared. I spent a good portion of last week watching all the Halloween specials on tv and I also finished up the R.I.P. Challenge. I also believe in ghosts since I've experienced unexplained phenomenon in the past. I love the horror genre in all its varied forms.

6 comments:

  1. I do not enjoy horror--I'm too big a chicken! My sister is like you, though, in that she likes the feeling of being scared; I thought it was just her :)
    I believe in ghosts too, though luckily I've never encountered a mean one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Dystopian literature affects me more than the classic ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mei~~I've never encountered a mean ghost either. Thankfully.

    GT~~I'd have to say that I lean more towards classic horror. I like the gore, the sudden in your face type of scary that makes you jump.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm fascinated with ghosts as well. I would love to hear more about your unexplained encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy reading Anne Rice too. In general, I tend to prefer the psychological thrillers and dark fantasy type books to the slasher/gory horror novels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam~~I posted the topic just for you. ;)

    Literary Feline~~I like them both but I'm not turned off by the gore like a lot of people tend to be. I like the slasher films as well. A lot of them are just so over the top that they're funny.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.