Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thursday Meme

Here's our Thursday Meme courtesy of Booking Through Thursday

Do you get on a roll when you read, so that one book leads to the next,
which leads to the next, and so on and so on?
I don’t so much mean something
like reading a series from beginning to end, but, say, a string of books that
all take place in Paris. Or that have anthropologists as the main character. Or
were written in the same year. Something like that… Something that strings them
together in your head, and yet, otherwise could be different genres, different
authors…


My answer to this is a definite no. Other than re-reading a series of books from beginning to end, I can't recall a time when I ever read a book based on a previous book that I had just read. If I have, it was an unconscious effort. I read whatever I have on hand. Wanna see what I mean?

Right now I'm reading War and Peace. Before that I read, Killjoy by Julie Garwood, Killing Kelly by Heather Graham, Dark Harvest by Karen Harper, Lisey's Story by Stephen King, and Creation in Death by J.D. Robb. Pretty random I think.

One exception was the R.I.P. Challenge in October. Those books were themed but only because I was reading them for a reading challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Me neither. I may read a string of books related to where I'm getting ready to travel but that's about it.

    I like your new layout by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam~~Thanks. I like it so far too although I'm thinking of switching to WordPress. Shhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a random reader too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit of both. Often I read whatever's on hand, but sometimes I get on a genre, author, or topic kick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do both when it comes right down to it. I do try and make a conscience effort of varying my reading, but sometimes I go on binges because of my mood or interests at the time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.