Monday, November 26, 2007

Frontline Sucks

I've been buying Frontline since May of 2005 and have been satisfied with it up until September of this year. And before anyone says anything about the "flea cycle" I use it consistently on both dogs every month for all the good it has done me. My dogs are absolutely infested with fleas. Despite what the people at Merial, the company that manufactures Frontline, it is not working. Looking at both of my dogs' bellies, you can see fleas swarming on them. It's not just the odd one or two every once in a while. We've also treated both the house and the yard and haven't seen any changes in the amount of fleas we have. My youngest child has probably 30-40 flea bites on her back, stomach, and chest.

I called the company today to voice my complaint. They offered no defense or excuses at all. It was almost as if the tech was resigned to the fact that the product isn't working. She did inform me of their one-time refund policy in which I could either get a full refund or have a replacement supply sent to me. I told her that I didn't want anymore Frontline because it DOES NOT WORK for us anymore but that I would like my money back. In order to get a refund, I have to send them an itemized receipt. Nice for me. I bought two, three packs back in August. I don't keep receipts that long and due to hackers, the pet store that I bought them at purges their system every night.

So, I'm out the $88.58 that I paid for both boxes back in August plus the money that I've since spent on treating the yard, the house, and for flea shampoo. I'm also at a complete loss as to what to do next. I can only imagine how much insecticide that we've absorbed in my mission to kill fleas.

Score one for Vermont. At least we never had fleas while we lived there.

3 comments:

  1. I use Frontline Plus for my dog and haven't yet had any problems. Still, in your situation, I'd be very frustrated and annoyed.

    Have you tried Advantage? I think that's the brand my parents used for years. I've never tried it myself though so I can't say whether it would work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a bad flea situation a few years ago. No matter what I did I couldn't get rid of them. I nearly lost my mind. I can't remember how I got rid of them. I think it was a combination of a lot of things. I definitely understand your frustration!

    I've had success with Advantage as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frustration and annoyed are both very good words to describe how I'm feeling about this. My vet has been getting so many complaints about Frontline that they aren't ordering it anymore. They're getting a new kind of flea med in that I've never heard of before. So, I don't know if I'm going to switch to that or maybe I'll try Advantage since you both recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.