Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I Spoke Too Soon

So, I had to go on and on about how great things are and then shit happens. We got our first electric/water bill today. For 18 days of billing (that's not even an entire month in case you couldn't tell), our bill is $408. Our kilowatt hours are triple what they were in VT, literally. This totally sucks out loud. I called and talked to the company today and the guy was reading off to me the past bills for this house and there was one that was $597 for ONE month. How the freak is that possible??? It's not as if this is a large house, it's only 1700sqft. We keep the thermostat set on 66 and if we're cold, which doesn't really happen with us a lot cuz we're used to a LOT more colder weather than this, we grab a throw blanket. My landlord said before we moved that if our bill was high that he'd bring someone out to look at the house and the heat pump but it sucks that I'm going to have to bitch and we haven't even been here a month yet. Grrr!!!

Enough of that.

We went shopping for S's birthday gifts today. That was a lot of fun cuz we went to this specialty toy store in downtown New Bern. I really like walking around downtown especially with it being in the 60's today. We also stopped in at this wine and cheese shop and bought a nifty bottle of Pinot Grigio and we were invited to a wine tasting on Thursday. We won't be able to go cuz it's a school night and we don't have babysitters but maybe some other time. They have one twice a month.

I also got my hair cut today which was really nice for me. It had been a loooong while since I had had a cut. It was nothing special but now it's not so shaggy and it's all one color, lol.

We had a parent/teacher conference for both kids today. Usually these things give me migraines but today wasn't bad. It was basically just a deal to touch base since we're new to the school.

Oh! And we stopped in at the used book store again today, heheh. We had some old VHS movies and books that we traded in for store credit and I walked out with 8 or 9 new books. Yay for me!

That's about it. It was a rather busy day for me today and I'm tired from it all. Ok. And even though the electric/water bill sucks, life is still good and it's not keeping me down. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.