Friday, February 23, 2007

Today

Something that I dislike about blogging is coming up with a title. I'm usually at a loss for them and it annoys me.

I devoted yesterday's post to S since it was her birthday and didn't update on anything else. So this is what happened yesterday:

At about 10 am, I looked out my front window and saw a pick up truck parked in my driveway. I couldn't see what it said on the side of the truck and I didn't see anyone out front so I figured maybe they had stopped to turn around or something. I waited about ten minutes and looked out again and they were still there so at this point I'm like, "What's going on?" I let Bailey out back to do her business and saw orange spray paint all over the place and little orange flags stuck in the yard. After all that, I decided to go out front and see if I could find the owner of the pick up. He was in our side yard spray painting and throwing orange flags down like yard darts. His accuracy was pretty impressive. Turns out that they're getting ready to dig up my yard to hook our house up to the city sewer lines. And they were back at some point today with red spray paint so now my yard looks like a circus or something. Fun, fun.

I also finally sucked it up and talked to my landlord about the electric bill. He was so cool about it. He had an electrician out to the house about an hour after I talked to him to check things over and he's having a new heat pump put in. How lucky did I get with such a good landlord? After having the devil incarnate for a landlord at our first house in VT, I'm totally appreciative of having a landlord with a conscience.

I called about flute lessons for my daughter and they charge about $100 a month. Does that sound right? I've never looked into this type of thing before so I don't know if that's reasonable or not.

I also got bad news that I'm a math class or 3 credits short so I have to take a THIRD math class. Big, giganto, UGH!!! I thought I had put math classes behind me like a nasty, little, nightmare but apparently I was wrong.

Lastly, books. I finished reading my first Laurell K. Hamilton book the other day. I was entirely leery about reading a vampire book but did so at the recommendation of others and it wasn't that bad. It was certainly over the edge unbelievable with it having to do with vampires and lycanthropes and all, but entertaining all the same. I have to say I'd read more of her books. Today, I started J.D. Robb's newest release, Innocent in Death, and after reading her last two releases which I considered to be mediocre for J.D. Robb, this one has been a pleasant surprise. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and will have it finished tonight much to C's disgust. He hates how I can read an entire book in less than two days, heheh.

So, he just walked in the door from work so I'm outtie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.