Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Surprise!!

We bought our new sofa today. We also got a chair and an ottoman. What do I think of it? Well, it's not that bad. It's not my first choice but apparently my first choice doesn't exist so we settled. Can I live with it? Yep especially since we're done looking and I don't have to look anymore. So, that's that.

We discovered a used book store yesterday. It is AWESOME!! They have books stacked, literally, to the ceiling. It was The Queen's paradise on Earth. AND, it's only about a minute from my house. How lucky is that? I have a feeling it's going to become my new home away from home.

Another difference I have noticed since living in N.C. is billboards. In Vermont, there were no billboards. At first, I thought it was dumb but now that I've lived without them for three years, I really see how they take away from the landscape. They're ugly. Along highway 70 there's about 6 or 7 all in a row of the same thing. Maybe VT knew what they were doing after all.

Furthermore, people made fun of California for the longest time for outlawing smoking in public places and then the rest of the country seemed to catch on to why this is such a good idea. Now we live in the tobacco capital of the U.S. and people smoke freaking everywhere. I'm sorry. I hate it. It's annoying, smelly, and sickening.

Lastly, I forgot to mention our trip to the beach we took on Sunday. It was fabulous! It was a gorgeous day with not a cloud in the sky. A bit breezy at 50 degrees but it didn't matter. We went to Atlantic Beach and then drove along the causeway back to Swansboro and then home from there. Talk about being deserted though. Hardly anybody was out and about and some of the hotels and most of the restaurants were closed for the season. So parking wasn't a problem, lol. It was really nice though. We also took a tour of Ft. Macon which was originally a Civil War fort and then it was also occupied for the Spanish American War and WWII. It was really neat. I took pictures that I'll post later.


And now, I have homework to do. I have a rough draft of my first paper due tomorrow and I haven't even started it yet. I'm bad, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.