Monday, February 19, 2007

President's Day

I almost forgot that this was Monday with the kids being home and stuff.

I had a relatively boring weekend which was soooo nice. I don't remember the last time we sat around and did NOTHING. Saturday, we hit the beach again with the dog. Bailey loved the beach but was afraid of the water. We brought her ball and she ate so much sand she probably poo'ed it for days, heheh. Sunday was my day of rest. I stayed in, caught up on my DVR watching, read a book, did some homework, and washed up some laundry. I didn't leave the house the whole entire day. Ahhhhh! Today we hit the Best Buy so that C could get a new flat screen monitor for his comp. He's now a happy camper.

Wanna hear something totally nerdy? I joined my school's English club, heheh. It's so nerdy, that I debated even posting that here, but if you can't bare it all on your blog, where else do you do it? I also bowed to conformity and downloaded the Myspace instant messenger. I'm about as equally embarrassed by that as I am about the English club. I also had a friend tell me that reading Harry Potter when your kids don't read it is creepy. I told him that he was just jealous because I actually know how to read but you have to wonder about the creepiness.

I'm currently writing a paper on Edgar Allen Poe's "The Cask of Amontillado". Ever read it? It was a good, twisted Poe piece. You have to wonder about someone who can come up with that stuff. The same things you would wonder about Stephen King.

You wanna know what else? When I lived in Vermont, I had no problem coming up with posts about things that piss me off. Since I've moved, I can't come up with one single thing. I even thought of positive things about Vermont that I liked: 1.) Cabot cheese. No other domestic cheese can even compare with Cabot's cheese. It's the best. 2.) Ben and Jerry's. Need I say more? 3.) Vermont Teddy Bears. Build a Bear should take some lessons from them. 4.) No smoking and no billboards. I posted about this before. AND...I think that's about it. I could list all the things that's great about not living there, but I don't have the time.

Life is abso-freaking-lutely grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.