Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Caravan

Came and went. Geez. It was totally nerve wracking for some reason. There were about 20 realtors in all and they were all polite and whatnot. They really liked the gray paint and the blue color in the girls' rooms. It's "crisp and pops" was how they described it. I hope we start getting people out now. Oh, and they commented on how clean the house was which is completely laughable. Do people really show their homes to realtors dirty and messy?

I just about killed myself sanding the front porch yesterday. I sanded for about 4 hours and I would only call it about 1/4 of the way done. My arm, hand, and shoulder hurt so bad I don't think I slept more than a couple hours last night.

And I've been meaning to mention how smart my dog is. I know a lot of people train their dogs to do tricks and call them smart also. Bailey can do tricks; sit, lay down, catch, shake, and we're teaching her the
Lady and the Tramp trick with the treat on the nose. But in addition to all that, she can recognize music. I have the alarm on my cell phone set to go off at 8:40 in the morning and at 3:10 in the afternoon and it plays Dare by the Gorillaz. When she hears it, she immediately goes to her crate. She doesn't do it for any other ring tone on my phone, just the alarm. And if you're thinking she just knows the time of day, which would also be smart, we tried just playing the tone randomly this past Saturday and she recognized it. Smart dog, right?

Well, I'm going to try and relax for the rest of the day. It's supposed to rain until Thursday so the porch is going to have to wait to be finished and the house is spotless so I'm good to play the part of a slug for at least a day. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.