Friday, March 16, 2007

Boys Today

In our neighborhood, the kids that regularly play outside are my girls, ages 10 and 8, another girl age 10 and her brother age 8, and then 5 or 6 other boys all aged 12 or about to turn 12. I sat outside on the porch yesterday while they were all outside because my kids and the other girl were being harassed by the 12 year old boys. While observing their behavior and the blatant ill manners they were displaying in front of an adult, I couldn't help thinking that I was looking at the Future Inmates of America. Are all 12 year old boys monsters? They were calling my 10 year old and her friend very nasty names. I know that pulling hair and stuff like that used to be the way that young boys showed interest in girls, but has that evolved into name calling that would result in an adult being brought up on hate crime charges? And where in the world are these kids' parents?? It's gotten to the point where the neighbor girl gets on the bus at our house because one of those 12 year olds (I'm not sure who is who.) won't let her get on the bus at her own stop.

And furthermore, what the heck is up with boys' hair cuts these days or lack thereof? This long hair, nasty, unruliness is ugly. I hate long hair on boys. Having a Marine for a husband probably doesn't help but they look unkempt with long hair. CUT YOUR FREAKING HAIR!! And learn some respect. Geez. Kids these days... I know everyone says that girls are more trouble than boys but I don't think I'm equipped to raise boys. The universe knew what it was doing when it gave me two girls, lol.

1 comment:

  1. boys are hateful selfish children! my brother is 16 now and since about the age of 12 he has been that way. he loves to make smaller children cry. this includes his 4 year old nephew. it seems the more you punish the worse it gets. i just hope and pray for ability to deal with it when the time comes

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.