Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Burn, Baby Burn

I hate it when people burn trash or yard clippings in their backyards. Hate. It. I love having my windows open in the spring and summer and people that burn in their yards take away from my enjoyment of that experience. I either have to endure the smoke and/or smell or shut my windows. Ever since 2003, I have a very low tolerance for the smell of smoke and every time I smell it, I run to my windows to check the sky to make sure the world isn't on fire again. I also feel that I have to keep an eye on their fires to make sure they don't get out of control. Our house in VT had a wood burning fireplace and we used it maybe 4 or 5 times the whole time we lived there. I'm probably being completely irrational but I can't help it.

3 comments:

  1. Really? I love the smell of burning leaves - sort of reminds me camping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with her, but I didn't live through the rain of ash and fire you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two weeks straight of smoke and ash while keeping your car packed should that line of fire you see on the hill behind your house starts to head your way makes you associate the smell of smoke with not so nice images. Like I said, it's irrational but I can't help it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.