Friday, March 09, 2007

I'm Disturbed

I saw a blurb last night about a news story and then I forgot to watch it, lol. Anyway, the headline was about how gangs are having their "members" enlist into the military in order to get weapons and munitions out onto the street and also to infiltrate overseas. Some of you might find this shocking and some of you might have heard this before and, in your cynical ways, figured it was just a matter of time. With the hubby just coming off of recruiting duty, this is something that never even crossed my mind. Of course, you don't see too many gangs in rural VT, lol. In retrospect, however, I can see how easy it would be for gangs to get their members into the military. This touches on the politics of recruiting duty which I am not ready to discuss, but believe me, it's not an impossible possibility. A recent stabbing in nearby Jacksonville, NC that was committed by two Marines suspected of having ties to gangs only reinforces this and the timing of that incident with the news reports is uncanny. In fact, this subject has been in the news all over the country:

News Story 1
News Story 2
News Story 3

And there are plenty more where those came from if you want to Google it.

It makes you wonder what the world is coming to and just who you can trust. I certainly wouldn't want my husband or any other respectable member of the military over in Iraq with some degenerate gang member guarding his back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.