Friday, March 02, 2007

Crazy Night

Wow! We had our first taste of North Carolina storms over last night and into this morning. It was craziness. We had tropical storm force winds, thunder and lighting, and several times the rain was literally blowing sideways. Our trees are minus lots of bark, pine cones, and limbs. My trash cans ended up in my neighbor's yard. Luckily they have locking handles on them because they had trash bags inside. And through all that we didn't lose power, cable or phone service once. All of the lines here must be buried. Oh, and it's 72 degrees out and the temps were mild all night long hence the strong storms. Craziness I tell you! The really shocking part is that my kids slept through it all, thankfully. They haven't experienced too many storms in their lifetimes and they tend to frighten easily.

Because of the storms and my cold I got about 2 hours of sleep last night. I'm pretty tired and my voice is gone again. It's such a strange sensation when you first try to talk and nothing comes out, lol. I have two very important phone calls to make today so hopefully my voice will be back before the close of business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.