Monday, October 22, 2007

Be Safe

I've been watching the news over the weekend and online for news about the wildfires out west. I have good friends that live in the San Diego area and I am very worried for them. The last time San Diego had fires of this magnitude was in October of 2003. C, the girls, and I had the misfortune of being in the middle of those fires. I can tell you, four years later and I am still affected by that experience. Wood smoke reminds me of those fires each and every time I smell it. We were extremely lucky to have been spared any damage in those fires but people in the town we lived in as well as other friends that we knew lost their homes. We could see fire on the hills out behind our house. It was a terrifying time. I hope that the winds calm down soon so that the firefighters can get the fires under control.

My thoughts are with my friends and their families in San Diego. And if you're reading this, for some weird reason, when they tell you to evacuate, leave for pete's sake. And you should already have your car packed and ready just in case.

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with them too. Some of my friends have been displaced because of the fire and I cannot imagine what they are going through. We've agreed to take in one friend's animals temporarily while she waits this out. At least she and her husband won't have that to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LF~~I hope that you and your friends make it through the fires in one piece. It's a good thing you're doing, watching their pets for them.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.