Thursday, October 04, 2007

Thursday Meme

Here's our Thursday meme courtesy of Booking Through Thursday.

Do you have “issues” with too much profanity or overly explicit (ahem) “romantic” scenes in books? Or do you take them in stride? Have issues like these ever caused you to close a book? Or do you go looking for more exactly like them? (grin)

Profanity and sex scenes in books don't offend me at all. I've never read any erotica before though just your regular, run of the mill romances. The only time that sex and language offends me is when my kids are exposed to it and they don't read my books, lol.

Do I go looking for it? Nope, not really. I've heard about Sunny's books from a message board that I read regularly and have looked for them, never found them, and didn't worry too much about it.

There are enough things in the world today to get your panties in a twist about that I don't sweat the R rated content of the novels that I read.

6 comments:

  1. IMHO, if it's in character it works. If there's plot, too, it's fine. Sometimes, though, it's just all cursing/sex all the time for now good reason.

    Boring. LOL.

    Happy BTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly!! Nicely said!

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree too. Down with censorship... and boring sex or anything else in books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From what I've read of all the other BTT postings, this is the general opinion. However, I think R rated material is more acceptable in books than in movies, for example, because you're not actually watching it. Look at the stink that was put up about the new HBO show Tell Me You Love Me and Showtime's new one, Californication. I've never heard anyone complain about the steamy scenes in a romance novel before though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steamy scenes in romances novels are ok. But for their own sake, no way!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.