Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Venturing into the Great Unknown

So I only have one taker for the cheesecake? I have to say that's a bit disappointing. Maybe you all would be more interested in plain vanilla cheesecakes with fruit topping. Or how about a pumpkin cheesecake for the holidays? Better yet, how about a Snickers, Heath Bar, or peanut butter cup cheesecake?

Why am I teasing you all with lovely thoughts of creamy cheesecakes? Because C has been toying around with the idea of selling his cheesecakes. Yes. C makes cheesecakes. Damn good cheesecakes too. He already has his first paying customers and the guys at work beg for him to bring them cakes all the time. You know. After they harass him for baking like a woman. Anywho. We're just trying to get an idea of what people would be willing to pay for plain and for specialty cheesecakes. We're also trying to figure out a good way to ship them (you'll have to come here for your apple cheesecake for now, Jennifer. Sowwy.) and how well they'll freeze.

It's a pretty exciting venture. It would be great for C if he could make money off of something that he enjoys doing. And, if he does make a go of this as a business, anything new we get for the kitchen can be a tax right off, hehehe.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? The floor is open.

5 comments:

  1. Yummm, did someone say cheesecake?Please send one of each to Ohio. lol. We are signing up to be the "official taste testers"
    I know the Cheesecake Factory sells theirs for around 43.00 and Eli's was around 30. That was last year though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? Your husband baked that? He bakes? I didn't know husband could do that. Where can I get me one of those husbands?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel~I'll put you down as taste testers, lol. You can try them frozen and shipped once we figure out the best way to do it.

    Jennifer~Yup. That picture I posted was a C original. He came up with the recipe himself and it's probably my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheesecake for me please! I love cheesecake. There was a time when I was afraid to try it because I worried it would taste like cream cheese (which I don't care for). My husband convinced me to try some and I was hooked ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:40 AM

    I think C should go for it. Maybe he could take it to work and sell it by the slice if the guys like it so much.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.