Friday, October 12, 2007

Changes

I've never considered myself the type of person to be set in my ways. In fact, I love trying new things and travelling to new places. I can't add in "meeting new people" because I hate people. The last new person I met has added so much stress to my life that I've been trying to figure out a way to get rid of them. And speaking of which, when you're an adult, how the heck do you end relationships with "friends" that you don't really care for but that you can't avoid seeing? Back to my original subject. Even though I like having new experiences, I think making life changes is easier when it's your own idea and voluntary. With what I'm going through right now, I should know.

Today is a pivotal day where my house in Vermont is concerned. Today could go one of two ways: 1.) Our renter will continue to live in our house. 2.) The house will be going up for sale...in Vermont...at a very bad time of the year to do so. Unfortunately, I have very little control over how this day is going to turn out.

Yesterday was a day of changes as well. I'm having issues with high blood pressure. I'm 30 years old and I have old people problems. It sucks and it depresses me. What sucks even more is what my doctor told me at my appointment yesterday. See, my high blood pressure has caused damage to the blood vessels in my eyes. My doctor said that with my age and the fact the my blood pressure, while high, isn't that high, that the prognosis for my eyesight isn't good. That's what she said, word for word. As a result, I'm sitting her drinking a glass of orange juice and getting ready to take my first high blood pressure pill. I hate being medicated, HATE IT, but losing my eyesight is a terrifying thought. How would I read? I don't like audio books. Also, I have to make lifestyle changes. She said I have to figure out a way to deal with my stress. I've never been able to figure out a way to make people go away and they are the main source of my stress. I'm going to have to be inventive here, lol. I also have to change my eating habits. Low fat, low salt, no taste foods are it for me. This is going to be a challenge as well. That's why I'm posting about this. I figure if everyone knows that I have to start eating better, exercising (my choice for a stress reliever) and stop freaking out all the time, that maybe I'll actually stick with it and follow through. I need to be nagged on, badgered, and watched like a hawk. And what's more, this medication is going to make me pee a lot. I'm already a peeful person so I suppose all the extra time I'll be spending in the bathroom is one way I can avoid interactions with annoyances.

And if that isn't enough, Wednesday was a pivotal day as well. C and I have been dealing with a certain issue for about four years now. It has to do with S and is totally personal and private so I won't be posting specifics here. Suffice it to say, all four of us are about to go through some major changes. Luckily, they are for the good. Nuff said.

And the weather is changing. I can handle that one though. This time last year in Vermont, it had already snowed. I'm still wearing shorts so it's alllll good.

2 comments:

  1. changes can be good. before you know it they will be just part of the routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'm just old and set in my ways after all. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.