Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday Meme

Here's our Thursday meme courtesy of Booking Through Thursday.

I said in August, when we talked about fan mail, that I planned on expanding that to live meetings when the time was right. Well, that time is now!

• Have you ever met one of your favorite authors? Gotten their autograph?

I've never met any of my favorite authors in person...yet. I will be remedying that situation next month when I go to Nora Roberts' book signing. And it's not just a book signing. She's going to be giving a talk too. Woohoo!

• How about an author you felt only so-so about, but got their autograph anyway? Like, say, at a book-signing a friend dragged you to?

I had the opportunity to meet Nicholas Sparks. Turns out, he lives about a mile from my house. Small world, right? Anyway, he was having a book signing at our local mall to promote his newest book. While I've read and enjoyed The Notebook and the sequel, he's by no means a favorite author of mine. I think his books are a little too...sappy for my tastes. Anyway, I was going to go to the book signing just because he was an author but changed my mind at the last minute. I just didn't care enough to go out of my way to meet him.

• How about stumbling across a book signing or reading and being so captivated, you bought the book?

As for the last question, I have to answer no. I've never even seen a book signing at this point in my life. But like I said, that will be changing next month, hehehe! Can you tell that I'm excited??

7 comments:

  1. I haven't read Nora Roberts -- or Nicholas Sparks -- but I hope you have fun! I have really enjoyed going to hear author's speak, but I have only once stood on line to meet one.

    Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read both. I find Sparks better as I am not much on Romances by Robersts!

    Glad you are meeting Roberts though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara~~If you're ever stumped for something to read, I'd totally recommend Nora Roberts or J.D. Robb (her pen name).

    Gautami~~I can understand not liking romances. They are def not for everyone. You should try out J.D. Robb and see whatcha think though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the signing ... I actually like book talks way more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have fun seeing Nora Roberts! That's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bookgal and Literary Feline~~Thanks!! I'm beside myself with excitement. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.