Saturday, December 15, 2007

Another Busy Day

We had our early Christmas this morning. It was a good time. I got Water for Elephants. Yay!! I totally cannot wait to get into it. I have 3 other books ahead of it though so it'll be a few days before I can start it.

We also drove to Jacksonville to do some shopping. BIG mistake. That place was a freaking mad house. No. It gave new meaning to Mad House. It took it to a whole new level. We saw three car accidents all within a mile of each other. I love North Carolina but these are some of the rudest drivers I've ever seen in my life and I've been to New York and L.A. My dad wanted a GPS though and the Jax Best Buy was the only place in the area that had the exact model he wanted so off we went. We also needed dog food and I bought The Santa Clause and White Christmas on DVD.

After we got back to New Bern, we bought some steaks and shrimp to bbq on the grill and then topped off the night by watching The Santa Clause. My dad and step mom are leaving in the morning. :( I'm already sad about them leaving but we're making plans to meet up in Tennessee in June or July. Sometimes, living away from family is hard.

Tomorrow I'm not going to have anything to say because after my parents leave we plan on doing NOTHING, punctuated by taking naps, and then doing nothing some more. Bet you all are looking forward to reading about that, lmao.

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see what you think about Water for Elephants! As an animal lover, you will probably like it even more than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be curious to know what you think of Water for Elephants too. I've been reluctant to read that one, but I've only heard great things about it.

    I am glad you made it safely to Jacksonville and back! The traffic sounds horrible. Worse than L.A., huh? That's bad!

    I am glad you had a nice visit with your parents. I always feel sad when mine leave after visiting too. At least you got to see them this holiday season. I won't be seeing mine at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope you like Water for Elephants. I was hesitant to read it too with all the hype but, man..if that wasn't a good book!

    Yay, White Christams on DVD. One of my fav movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacki~~I'll be sure and post my thoughts when I get it finished.

    LF~~I wouldn't say that Jax traffic is worse than L.A.'s but the people are more rude. They honk horns all the time, they don't let you out, they constantly cut you off, and if you're not speeding, they run you off the road. In L.A., they do a lot of the same things but EVERYone is doing it so I guess it's just accepted behavior. I don't know what North Carolinians think they have to rush off to so fast, lol.

    Pam~~I'm sure I'll like it. I've heard nothing but great reviews. And White Christmas is one of my fave xmas movies too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.