Monday, December 10, 2007

O Christmas Tree

We went out and bought our Christmas tree last night. It's a fine, fragrant Fraser Fir from western North Carolina. It's one of the nicest shaped trees we've ever had. Christmas trees are a bit more expensive here in N.C. than they were back in Vermont. I'm sure our drought isn't helping matters either. We're in the middle of getting it decorated. We put the lights and half the garland on last night. We ran out of garland because I don't normally put garland on my tree so we had to put off the rest of the decorating until today. I can't wait. We also got Gobstopper and Sweettart flavored candy canes to put on it. I've never seen them before this year.

Yesterday, I forgot to mention that I like movie A Christmas Story. I had never watched it before I married C but now we watch it every year. Ho, ho, hoooooo!!

Because of the season and because it's 78 degrees at my house today, I decided to list why warm weather can be inconvenient.

  1. There are more bugs because it doesn't get cold enough to kill them off.
  2. You have to leave your summer and winter clothes out basically all year because you never know when you're going to have a 80 degree day in the middle of December.

That's all I could think of. Cold weather sucks.

3 comments:

  1. I love A Christmas Story. Did you see the leg lamp in my Christmas Decorations movie? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, lol. Too funny. I bet C wouldn't mind having one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever see one again, I will so pick one up for him. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.