Saturday, December 08, 2007

Blah Saturday

Today is going to be blah at my house. My oldest came home from school yesterday with a fever of 102. Poor thing. I hate, hate, hate, seeing my kids not feeling well. The Mister is at his unit's Christmas thing this morning. It was mandatory that he go but I couldn't because of the sick child. Fun times. I am going to get started on The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans which is December's book at the book discussion club. I can't wait to get started. I need a little break from W&P.

For your reading delight, I'm including this meme that I saw on several blogs yesterday and today. So many, I'm not bothering to name which ones. Here ya go.


5 Things I was doing 10 years ago:

1. I was getting ready for C to grad from boot camp.
2. The oldest child and I were living at my dad's while he was gone.
3. My sister-in-law and I took a mini vacation to Daytona Beach while C was in boot camp. He hasn't let me live that down to this day.
4. I was getting my driver's license for the first time. Yep. I didn't get mine when I was 16.
5. I was driving the nasty Ford Tempo which is the only car to ever strand me along a country road in the middle of freaking nowhere. And is also why I'll never own a Ford again.

5 Things on my T0-Do List today:

1. Start reading the book group book.
2. Do some online research for a couple different things.
3. Take care of my sick daughter.
4. Cook dinner at some point.
5. Enjoy Saturday!

5 Things I would do if I were a millionaire:

1. Sell my house in VT and kick my renter to the curb.
2. Have the house of my dreams built.
3. Pay off all of our debt.
4. Buy my dad a house complete with lawn service and a maid
5.. Invest the rest.

5 Things I'll never wear again (or have never worn and you'll never know which is which, heheh):

1. Leg warmers
2. Stirrups
3. Thong underwear out the top of my pants.
4. Paisley print.
5. Maternity clothes.

5 Favorite Toys:

1. My computer even though I'm close to putting a hammer through it at the moment.
2. iPod
3. Palm Pilot
4. DVD Player
5. DVR (this should probably be in my #1 spot.)

This is one of those tag and you're it things. If you haven't done this already and want to, consider yourself tagged.

6 comments:

  1. I hope your daughter is feeling better soon. :-(

    My husband didn't get his driver's license at 16 either. He was 21, I think.

    I remember when I was a teenager wishing I could wear leg warmers and stir-up pants, but it was so hard to find stir-up pants that fit because of my height. And leg warmers just never looked good on me. I'm relieved now that I avoided those two trends. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LF~~Thanks. She's feeling almost normal today. I think it was just one of those 24 hour things.

    I never did the leg warmer thing but I did have stirrups, embarrassingly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to say, I to sported the stir-up pants... However, in my defense, I was a kid and my mom bought my clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer~~Yeahhhh. Suuuurrre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to located the December book to read. I'm going to see if I can find it at the used book store first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam~~I got mine from the local library. The real challenge is going to be remembering to return it on time, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.