Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Adventures

We had an interesting time with decorating the tree last night. It started out normal enough. I sat on the floor passing the girls ornaments to put on the tree while C looked bored next to me. We were just about finished when C decided to stand up for some reason, then all hell broke loose. See. We had to put our tree in the dining room because there wasn't space for it anywhere else. In order to do this, we had to move the table to the side of the room leaving the chandelier(?) sort of hanging there in the middle of nowhere. When C stood up, he banged his head into the light, knocked it into the ceiling, blew out some of the lights, and caused it to fall down from the ceiling fixture hanging there only by its cord. I'm not sure how old this light is or what it's made of but it's freaking HEAVY. C's lucky he didn't give himself a concussion. After much cussing, screaming, crying, and yelling (you can figure out for yourselves who was doing what.) C and I started fixing the light back to the ceiling. It was waaaay too heavy to hang there only by its cord. We got it back into place but when we turned it back on, it flashed and blew out another light. I'm figuring I'm going to have to call the electrician to make sure that the wiring is okay so we don't burn the house down. We had to finish decorating the tree in the semi-dark with only the trees lights to see by, lol. Even so, it turned out great. This will be a Christmas we'll always remember, heheh.

Off topic side note...C and I are getting ready to take the dogs to the beach. Yay! I haven't been since September. We're having record high temps and C is on leave this week so we figured it's a great time to go. I'll post pictures of the tree and stuff later on today.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes. Sounds like something my husband would do. I'm glad C is ok!
    Can you believe these temps! It's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yeah, the temps are unreal. I saw on your blog where you're in the 70's too. It's soooo nice. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Ouch! I am glad C wasn't more seriously hurt. We still haven't put up the decorations. The tree is up, but that's as far as we've gotten. I just haven't been in the mood to decorate. :-(

    I hope you enjoyed the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, LF. That's sad that you don't feel like decorating. I love to decorate, I just hate taking it all down. Such a pain.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.