Monday, June 18, 2007

Cross Out Another One

We are cursed to celebrate holidays. I think Mother's Day and Father's Day just went out the door. I don't remember what I posted about Mother's Day, and I'm not motivated enough to go and look, but it was 85% a bummer day (if I remember correctly, I sorta glossed it over). For Father's Day, Friday S and I took C out and bought him The Reagan Diaries and Saturday we went shopping and he got new beach shoes (and some other shopping besides) and lunch at Red Lobster. Sounds good, right? Well, it really was. We were having a fun time until the actual day arrived.

We had to do our commissary shopping. It had been over a week since I went and we were out of EVERYthing. We hate grocery shopping and put it off until there's mere crumbs in the pantry. So, we get there and it was pretty dead so we figured we'd zip in and zip out, no harm, no foul. We get to the check out lane and go to pay and our check card gets denied. We're like WTF?!?! How much money did we spend yesterday?? The only thing I could figure is that I made a HUGE mathematical error balancing the checkbook or our credit card number was stolen during our shopping trip on Saturday because I know there should have been more than enough money to cover groceries. We had to leave the entire, overflowing, basket of groceries there in the freaking commissary and walk out. It was so entirely humiliating. For this to happen at all is embarrassing, for it to happen at the commissary is downright nightmarish.

We get home and I immediately check the bank account online and see the problem: Our renter's rent check bounced. I instantly blew my lid and and was cursing and stomping around the house although I didn't throw anything which is usually something I like to do when this angry. But at least it wasn't a mistake that I had made, lol.

Cut to the end, skip the juggling I did to cover the bank account and skip the phone call:::The bounced check was a bank error on her bank's part, and she's overnighting a bank draft complete with the late rent fee and the bank fee we had to pay for the "charge back" on our account.

I hesitated posting this because I know I have several readers chomping at the bit to say "I told you so" about renting out our house but if anyone had a better solution at the time, I sure as heck didn't hear it. But, I had to vent. I still have to deal with Landlord and Repair Guy today.
Fun, fun times for me.

Holidays SUCK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.